Friday, February 3, 2012

My New Addiction . . .





I have a new addiction, “Downton Abbey” on PBS.  Have you seen it? I first heard about it while watching the Golden Globes this year and thought, “Who would ever watch a show about a stuffy, English family and their boring, old house, when you can entertain your mind with such high-quality programs, such as the “Real Housewives of Such and Such”? Well, now I know who would-ME!!!
(Oh and probably the rest of the world based on its numerous awards.)  And. I .Love. It! The drama and comedy, the clothes and the countryside-I am rather smitten!  See, since watching it, I’ve taken on referring to things as “bitterly so” and calling B “His Lordship” and ringing bells for service, wondering where my lady’s maid is-it has ruined me.  And presently, The Girl has just told me to stop talking aloud in a stupid British accent but I don’t think I can . . . at least not until this season ends. 

Tell me about your favorite show?

1 comment:

  1. I also like "McCleod's Daughters" which ran for 8 seasons and is available on Netflix Streaming. Then anything pretty much from Masterpiece Theater which is British.

    ReplyDelete