Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A Hero, Nonetheless.

I have been struggling with writing posts this week. You'll have to bear with me while I focus on something serious. I promise I'll get back to the fun stuff but I can’t post something frivolous while I watch the news and hear story after story of the devastation of this past week in Indiana, Kentucky, and other parts of the world.  It reminds me of the things that matter most; that life is so precious and all around us are heroes in everyday clothes. 


One such person is Stephanie Decker. 



Her story is very public and has spread like the tornado that destroyed her home, but not her family.  She is the mother who protected her children with a shield of her own body from two roaring tornadoes.  It cost her part of both legs.  She told the news that she is not a hero.



She is right about being a parent and loving her kids but, she is not right about doing what every parent would because everyday, there are people who take their kids for granted, who do not love their children or hold them close, do not shield them from the harms of life. Instead, they neglect and abuse them.  So, I want to thank Stephanie for being a hero of the best kind. Thank you for showing us an example of the brave, true unconditional love all parents should have.  You are a hero in my book, Stephanie Decker, nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment